ShareThis

The lighter side of Malaka Silva

Janith | 11:00 PM | 0 comments

· Full name : Malaka Silva
· Nickname : Mala
· Favourite sport : Rugby
· Height : Above the average Sri Lankan smiley
· Hair colour : Black and blonde sometimes 
· Eye colour : Black
· In love? : That’s for me to know and for you to find out
· Education : S.Thomas' College and then went to the USA
· Life’s Motto : Keep your friends close but enemies closer
 
I am sure that this young lad does not need any special introduction. He is Malaka Silva, who was in the spotlight of controversy months ago. I met Malaka to get to know his lighter side. Malaka is always in a joyful mood and shows a lot of courage in facing any problems that come his way. He is a sports addict and he is quite the fashion icon himself. 


If there was a time machine which you have access to, what date will you go back to and why?
 
This may seem hard to believe but the honest answer to that question would be that I would like to go back to the time when my father was not a political figure. At that time in my life, I was so free to do whatever I wanted and not be in the public eye and under immense media scrutiny. 
 
 
I recently became aware of news that you had visited an ill-fated person and helped him. Tell me more about that day? 
 
This is not the first time I’ve helped a person or people in the society. I am very much engaged in charity work whenever I get a free time. But I don’t want to show off what I do in terms of charity. It’s just that the media doesn’t show that part of me and always exposes me whenever I go wrong. 
 
I was informed about this poor mother and her son through youtube by a close friend and I thought of visiting them and helping them as much as I could. I thank the media for at least showing me that and I will continue helping people to the best of my ability.
 

What do you love most about Sri Lanka?
 
I consider myself 100% Sri Lankan and I love every bit about Sri Lanka, except all the bad things that happen. 
 
 
I am sure you are under tremendous pressure from media and gossips, how do you handle them?
 
Everywhere in the world people always attack individuals that are making some sort of impact on society, be it good or bad. I always try to take positive points out of something that may seem negative. I don't tend to think for hours and days about people talking rubbish because at the end of the day, my family and close friends know who the real Malaka Silva is. And I have a conscience myself and one day I hope that everyone else will also be able to see that there’s so much more to me than meets the eye.

What are you engaged in these days and what’s your plan for the future?
 
I’m doing a bit of charity work and also focusing on kick-starting my new foundation which I hope to get going by the end of the year. I can’t tell you about what my future plans are because you asked me not to talk about politics.

Malaka, you are fit and a lean mean machine yourself, share your secret with the readers?
 
It’s all about discipline and I usually wake up at 6.00 both weekdays and weekends and do a bit of push-ups and ab exercises. I go to the gym and do my daily exercises afterwards. I also try to maintain a healthy diet which usually consists of high protein and fruits.
 


 
Text & pics by Jayantha Fernando

Category: ,

About GalleryBloggerTemplates.com:
GalleryBloggerTemplates.com is Free Blogger Templates Gallery. We provide Blogger templates for free. You can find about tutorials, blogger hacks, SEO optimization, tips and tricks here!

0 comments